More on My Beliefs---Black Witch
First let me answer the two main questions I am always asked.-- Does magick work ? Can you give me a spell to make me rich ? Yes magick works but not like a lot of people think. Magick will set forces into motion to help and guide you to obtain what you cast the spell for. Some say internal forces some say external. It sounds so xtian to me when people actually think they can cast a spell and not do anything and get rich or the girl/boy of their dreams. This is the excuse xtians have used for 2000 years. If they don't get what they pray for then it just wasn't god's will. Well a witch dosen't care about god's will. A witch cares about their will (as be MY will so mote it be.) So they need to be out there helping the magick work. One example is the witch trials. Very few true witches were burned because they were sleeping with the people responsible i.e they helped their magick work. Anton LaVey's The Satanic Witch can explain it much better than I can. I have posted the Nine Satanic Statements, the Nine Satanic Sins, and the Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth here even though I do not classify myself as a true Satanist. I do think these are excellent rules to live by. I was raised in a xtian home and even tried it for awhile. I made some of the worst decisions I have ever made trying to please god. I personally see xtians as weak people partly due to my own experiences. I turned the other cheek way too many times. I am still paying the price for this today. As long as we are on xtians. I have been told that "a person could not love other people if they were not a christian". Who is able to show the most "love" a person that has to love everyone because of their god or the person who is not afraid to hate but shows love to the people that deserve it? I'm sure the Satanists agree with me on this but I'm not sure about some of the others. Also who is the most "moral person the person that "does right" because they hope to get a reward in heaven someday or the person who does right because it is what he wants to do?
Rules to Live By
The Nine Satanic Statements
From the Satanic Bible by Anton Szandor Lavey (c) 1969
1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!
2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!
3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!
4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it, instead of love wasted on ingrates!
5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!
6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!
7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his "divine spiritual and intellectual development," has become the most vicious animal of all!
8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!
9. Satan has been the best friend the church has ever had, as he has kept it in business all these years!
The Nine Satanic Sins
by Anton Szandor LaVey ©1987
1. Stupidity: The top of the list for Satanic Sins. The Cardinal Sin of Satanism. It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity. It depends on people going along with whatever they are told. The media promotes a cultivated stupidity as a posture that is not only acceptable but laudable. Satanists must learn to see through the tricks and cannot afford to be stupid.
2. Pretentiousness: Empty posturing can be most irritating and isn't applying the cardinal rules of Lesser Magic. On equal footing with stupidity for what keeps the money in circulation these days. Everyone's made to feel like a big shot, whether they can come up with the goods or not.
3. Solipsism: Can be very dangerous for Satanists. Projecting your reactions, responses and sensibilities onto someone who is probably far less attuned than you are. It is the mistake of expecting people to give you the same consideration, courtesy and respect that you naturally give them. They won't. Instead, Satanists must strive to apply the dictum of Do unto others as they do unto you. It's work for most of us and requires constant vigilance lest you slip into a comfortable illusion of everyone being like you. As has been said, certain utopias would be ideal in a nation of philosophers, but unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately, from a Machiavellian standpoint) we are far from that point.
4. Self-deceit: It's in the Nine Satanic Statements but deserves to be repeated here. Another cardinal sin. We must not pay homage to any of the sacred cows presented to us, including the roles we are expected to play ourselves. The only time self-deceit should be entered into is when its fun, and with awareness. But then, it's not self-deceit!
5. Herd Conformity: That's obvious from a Satanic stance. It's all right to conform to a person's wishes, if it ultimately benefits you. But only fools follow along with the herd, letting an impersonal entity dictate to you. The key is to choose a master wisely instead of being enslaved by the whims of the many.
6. Lack of Perspective: Again, this one can lead to a lot of pain for a Satanist. You must never lose sight of who and what you are, and what a threat you can be, by your very existence. We are making history right now, every day. Always keep the wider historical and social picture in mind. That is an important key to both Lesser and Greater Magic. See the patterns and fit things together as you want the pieces to fall into place. Do not be swayed by herd constraints know that you are working on another level entirely from the rest of the world.
7. Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies: Be aware that this is one of the keys to brainwashing people into accepting something new and different, when in reality it's something that was once widely accepted but is now presented in a new package. We are expected to rave about the genius of the creator and forget the original. This makes for a disposable society.
8. Counterproductive Pride: That first word is important. Pride is great up to the point you begin to throw out the baby with the bathwater. The rule of Satanism is: if it works for you, great. When it stops working for you, when you've painted yourself into a corner and the only way out is to say, I'm sorry, I made a mistake, I wish we could compromise somehow, then do it.
9. Lack of Aesthetics: This is the physical application of the Balance Factor. Aesthetics is important in Lesser Magic and should be cultivated. It is obvious that no one can collect any money off classical standards of beauty and form most of the time so they are discouraged in a consumer society, but an eye for for beauty, for balance, is an essential Satanic tool and must be applied for greatest magical effectiveness. It's not what's supposed to be pleasing---it's what is. Aesthetics is a personal thing, reflective of one's own nature, but there are universally pleasing and harmonious configurations that should not be denied.
The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth
by Anton Szandor Lavey (c) 1967
1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
3. When in another's lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.
5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.
7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
9. Do not harm little children.
10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.
Links to Other Sites
Forum and Chat